7 exotic Eco-Retreat locations in Odisha- Odisha is situated in the east-coastal of India. The land is famous for its exotic tourist place. There are many places in Odisha that not only attract Indian tourists but also attract foreign visitors too.
7 exotic Eco-Retreat locations in Odisha
To promote the best-hidden secret of Odisha, Eco-Retreat is an initiative taken by the Odisha Tourism department. It started on 9the December 2020 in 5 locations. But the government is adding many other places to the list. If you want to enjoy the glamping event then come at a specific time.
What is Eco-Retreat- It is an initiative of Odisha Tourism. Where visitors can enjoy the beauty of nature spots inside the lap of nature and can enjoy the Odia cousins too. Other activities like water spots, scuba diving, etc also available in Eco-Retreat.
List of Eco-Retreat in Odisha
1. Eco Retreat Konark
Eco Retreat at Konark is made near Ramchandi Beach where on one side you can see the beauty of the Bay of Bengal and on another side, you can see the glorious sun temple. From you can visit Sun Temple, Konark Museum, etc.
Things You Can Do- You can enjoy various seafood and famous odia cuisine. On the beach, one can do ATV rides, beach volleyball, water sports, and many more.
2. Eco Retreat Satkosia – Satkosia is situated near the mighty Mahanadi river. The meaning of Satkosia is- ‘Sat’ means Seven and Kosa’ means the distance of two miles. Satkosia is rich in biodiversity and famous for its Tiger. There is a tiger reserve in satkosia.In the Eco Retreat, one can experience jungle stay inside the dense forest region. In a single word the best place for nature lovers.
Things You Can Do- One can do various adventurous activities, can see a large variety of birds, crocodiles, deer, sambar, etc. At the night you can enjoy the cultural program activities.
3. Bhitarakanika – Bhitarkanika EcoRetreat is situated inside the Bhitarakanika National Park, near Pentha Beach. It is also a Ramsar site and a storehouse of mangrove species. Here one can see rare saltwater crocodiles, monitor lizards, kingfishers, etc.
Things You Can Do – One can avail of a boat safari inside the mangroves, and visit the safari, crocodile breeding center. Activities like cycling, archery, and shoots. Do not miss to visit the Olive ridley nesting center.
4. Eco Retreat Daringbadi – Daringbadi is situated in Koraput of Odisha. This place is also known as the ‘Kashmir of Odisha’. The Eco retreat is made inside the Daringbadi hill station. One can explore tribal village life, waterfalls, peacock hotspot at Ushabati valley, etc.
5. Hirakud- Hirakud Eco-Retreat is built across the Mahanadi River. The best thing to watch is Asia’s longest dam. One can visit Debrigarh wildlife sanctuary, Maa Samaleswari temple, and Chiplima from this Eco retreat.
6.Pati Sonapur – Pati Sonapur Eco Reteat is made in Ganjam. In 2021it was added to the list and govt. made this an Eco Retreat Point. After lunch it faces some difficulties, delays in work and poor quality facility tourist face little bit issues, which was rectified later.
Things to Do – One can explore Berhampur town, Potagarh Fort, Tampara Lake, Lighthouse, etc.
7. Koraput – The best and most famous Eco Retreat point is Putsil of Koraput. This place is also known as the Switzerland of Odisha. The hilltop view of the Deomali hill range made this place rich’s beauty. One of the best tourist points for those who love nature and wildlife. Stay inside nature’s lap and feel the sound of the night- a feeling of adventure and many more.
Things to Do – Gliding, Trekking, etc.