Green chilies are the most popular and common item of Indian food. People take this in various forms like in slices form, by making pickles, chatni etc.
Especially it plays a vital role in Indian street food. Like dhania, mint also has equal attention.
It has a lot of health benefits. Let’s discuss it.
1. Green Chillies have zero calories but are a good source of vitamins.
2. It has capsaicin which helps the body to reduce the temperature by activating the cooling center.
3. It performs like a natural scavenger that protects our body from free radicals.
4. It contains vitamin -C which helps your body to boost the immunity system.
5. Green chilies are good for the eyes and skin. It improves our eyesight.
Apart from this it also controls diabetes, improves digestion, reduces inflammation, and helps to repair wounds.
Nutritional composition of chill pepper per 100 gm
- Composition in ASTA
- water(g)- 6.5
- Food energy(kal)- 415
- Protein(g)- 14.0
- Carbohydrates(g)- 58.2
- Calcium (g)-0.1
- *The Nutritional Composition of Species
- Disclaimer: The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.
Also Read:- Health-benefits-of-mangoes