How to Grow Money Plant At Home – Money plants are the common type of indoor plant that people use to plant inside their homes and for office decoration purposes. These plants can grow easily inside a room without direct sunlight. But for a healthy money plant, one should follow specific steps. Here are some of them
How to Grow Money Plant At Home
1. Select a healthy Money Plant – If you are planning to buy a new plant then select a healthy one. The healthy plant leaves look fresh and energetic. If you want to make sapling then choose the best part of your old money plant.
2. Prepare a Pot – Take a pot (good and appropriate size) that is bigger than your requirement. There should be a good drainage system inside the pot. Then add some good quality soil and mix some natural fertilizers too. After that plant the sapling in it and press the soil around the plant which will help the plant to stand straight.
3. Avoid Direct Sunlight – Money plants don’t need direct sunlight, so place the plant in a specific space where direct sunlight is absent. Direct exposure to sunlight may lead to the death of the plant.
4. Watering – Do not over-water the money plant, you can spray some amount of water on the plants. Always watered them as per the climate. In the dry season they need more water but nut excess, so plan as per the climate.
5. Cutting of Leaves- Cut the old leaves that look unhealthy. By doing this new fresh leaves will grow from that portion.
6. Pest control- Keep an eye out for common houseplant pests near or on your plants. Insects like mealybugs, spider mites, and aphids can damage the money plant. If you notice any infestation, treat it immediately with natural insecticides.