Top 5 rivers of the World
Top 5 rivers of the World : There are more than 165 major rivers in the world. All these rivers are considered the lifeline of the world. They have a great contribution to the growth and existence of the living organism. It is also a mode livelihood for many.
Here is the list of the top 5 rivers in the world, have a look
1. Nile: It is the largest river in the world. It originates from Victoria lake and has a total length of 6,650 kilometers. Nile river falls in the Mediterranean Sea. There are many important dams made on this river. Examples: Aswan High Dam, Sudan, Grand Ethiopian, etc.
2. Amazon: Amazon river is the 2nd largest river in the world. It originates from the Andes mountain of Peru and has a total length of 6,428 kilometers. The total basin of this river is 7.05 million km2. It releases almost 300,300 m3 of fresh water per second. It falls in the Atlantic Ocean. Amazon rain forest is also known as the lung of the world. Its forest area produces about 20-30% of the world’s oxygen. Its rainforest is home to more than 3 million species, which include 40,000 tree species, and 370 types of reptiles.
3. Yangtze: Yangtze is the 3rd largest river in the world. By length, it is the longest river in Asia. It originates from Tibetan Kiang Plateau and falls in the East China Sea,. The length of this river is 6,300 kilometers.
4. Mississippi Missouri: Mississippi Missouri river originates from Itasca lake, USA. The total length of this river is 6,275 kilometers and it falls in the Gulf of Mexico. It is the second-largest river in North America.
5. Huang Ho: This river is also known as the Yellow river. It originates from Bayan Har Mountain. The total length of this river is 5,464 kilometers. It is the sixth-longest river in the world. It flows at a speed of nearly 1,800 cubic meters per second. The total basin of the Yellow river is 752,546 km2. It falls at the Bohai Sea.
Image Credit goes to the rightful owner
Also Read : Top 10 Unique Animals of Brazil